St. John’s Episcopal Church and St. Francis of Assisi Episcopal Church, both of San Bernardino, have announced that they are joining together in common mission under the direction and pastoral care of the Rev. David H. Starr, who is to be appointed vicar of both congregations by Bishop J. Jon Bruno.
Services at St. Francis will take place at 8 a.m. on Sundays and at 10 a.m. in English and 1 p.m. in Spanish at Saint John’s. A neighborhood service with food distribution is held each week at St. John’s at 10 a.m. on Wednesdays. Starr’s first service at St. Francis’ will be on Sunday, January 10.
St. John’s Church, located at 1407 N Arrowhead Avenue, San Bernardino, was established in 1888. Approximately 150 people worship there each week. For information, click here or email to StJohns@stjohnsweb.org or call 909.889.1195.
St. Francis of Assisi Church, located at 2855 Sterling Avenue, San Bernardino, was founded in 1961. About 40 persons worship at Saint Francis during the week. For information, click here or call 909.862.3104.