God of justice and truth, you grieved our scapegoating of our Japanese American neighbors during World War II and our neighbors of Chinese background during the pandemic. Ukraine is the victim of Putin, not the Russian people or the Russian restaurant down the street. By your grace, as this time of crisis lengthens, deliver us from easy answers and snap judgements, especially when they deepen divisions and victimize others. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- The Bishop’s Blog: Daily prayer 5-19-22
- Churches seek resources to secure facilities against intruders, violence
- Bishop Romero of Guatemala visits LA diocese to forge relationships for future ministry
- Diocesan Council welcomes bishop of Guatemala, hears capital campaign updates at May meeting
- A Word to the Church: Political Violence and Christian Citizenship