Camp Stevens, which serves the dioceses of Los Angeles and San Diego, asks congregations in both dioceses to observe Sunday, March 24 as “Camp Stevens Sunday.” The day is an opportunity for parishioners to virtually explore the camp’s programs, which emphasize leadership development and creativity in a safe and loving Christian environment. The camp staff suggest that congregations offer some of the following activities:
- Sing songs from the Camp Stevens songbook
- Invite a member of the congregation who has experienced Camp Stevens to give a brief testimonial
- Display and distribute summer camp brochures
- Invite a member of the camp staff to speak at a forum or during a worship service; email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements
- Share the dates of summer camp, wilderness trips and family camps.
Summer camp sessions
Scheduled camp sessions include:
- Adventure Sessions; four week-long sessions June 30-August 2;
- Mini-Camp – a four-day version of our adventure sessions for first-timers campers or those with tight summer schedules, July 14-July 18;
- International Odyssey, a 40+ year tradition of bringing Japanese campers to Camp Stevens, August 4 – 10;
- Wilderness Trips (off-site): Choose between a Sea Kayaking journey to Catalina (July 6-July 12), On the Road, featuring rock climbing, backpacking, and surfing (July 20-July 26), or a backpacking expedition (July 29-Aug. 3);
- Memorial Day Family Camp, May 25 – 27;
- Summer Family Travel Camp, July 14 – 18.
To learn more or to register for summer sessions, click here.